Toward the end of last summer I went through a process of rethinking what was important to me. I really wanted to live my life by some mantras or slogans that would represent my outlook on life. I guess some would call these core values. Here’s the ten I came up with, but still in the process of tweaking and changing as I grow.
- I’d rather take risks and fail than take no risks at all
- Go the extra mile and finish strong
- Expect the best and prepare for the worst
- Maximize the good in people and minimize the bad
- Never ever forget that you’re a servant
- You are what you read & listen to
- Worst thing in the world is not to be yourself
- Live your life in a way that is worth blogging about
- When at home be at home
- Life is a marathon not a sprint
Do you have any values that you live by? I would love to hear them.