Good morning. I feel change in the air do you? A change, a new way of thinking and acting, a concept, an innovative way to help provide professional fitness coaching and affordable quality resources to help unfit pastors and churches get fit ALL FROM A FAITH-BASED PERSPECTIVE. Fit Pastors will launch soon and right off the bat we want to give you an opportunity to be a part of a tribe of pastors that are reclaiming their health for the Kingdom. The enemy has punk’d us long enough into believing he can kill, steal, and destroy our precious creation…. our lives. But NO MORE!
We are introducing to you a way of getting coached where you don’t have to go to a gym, schedule a coaching call, and you can do it privately in your office or at home whenever you want it and at your own pace. Our Fit Pastors team of content writers have literally spent over 100 hours preparing this course for you. Fit Pastors Academy has been eight years in the making and we want to pass it along to you. Why? You deserve it. After all don’t you take care of the needs of your sheep? Who takes care of you? Let us do that it’s our calling. Let us come alongside of you and be protectors of your health, or what some pastors have nicknamed us…. their A.K.A “Fitness Angels”. Alright here’s some of the details.
One last thing this course is targeted and funneled through the lens of a pastor, church planter, missionary, and staff member, however YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE A PASTOR TO BENEFIT FROM THIS. This course is for absolutely anyone wanting and needing to get healthier. Welcome aboard! Before you read everything that you will receive within the Fit Pastors Academy online course we’d like to invite you to watch this five-minute interview with Lee Terry, a District Youth Director, and good friend of ours that went through the academy this past summer.
What is Fit Pastors Academy and What Do I Get?
You can get Fit Pastors Academy, a program to get you physically healthy with professional coaching, done for you resources, and real life examples. It’s delivered in twelve modules of coaching.
Each module comes with a coaching video, listening guide and an eBook so you can have as a reference for your life-long fitness journey. Whether you want to listen, watch or read, we make it easy for you. Just keep in mind that you will be challenged to apply the content with action steps that we will provide to help you take steps to get fit.
In addition to the twelve modules of coaching, you will receive a weekly email to help you get P.A.C.E.D. to keep your vehicle on the road to health so you can fulfill your calling with energy, longevity, confidence, and credibility. This email will give you access to tons of FREE RESOURCES including tons of blog article links, motivational images and quotes, book notes, and a favorite of ours…. stories from pastors getting fit.
This step-by-step, follow-along, self-paced fitness coaching program will give you the professional direction and quality tools and resources you need to get fit for the Kingdom. You get how-to coaching, ready-to-use resources, and real world examples to help you get fit to lead in all areas of your life….. including the church.
HERE IS A BREAKDOWN OF EVERYTHING YOU GET…
Module 1 – “Who’s in the Front Seat With Me?”
- You will learn all about the history of Fit Pastors and what caused the “Macedonia Call”
- You will hear all about the Fit Pastors coaching philosophy
- You will get to take a drive with your coach and hear his journey of losing over 75 pounds
- Fitness Self-Evaluation Form
Module 2 – “What’s the Problem Under the Hood? Why Should I Take Care of My Vehicle?”
- You will hear the brutal facts of how unfit our nation is and how it has impacted pastors
- You will learn a theology of fitness that includes a discussion on the sin of gluttony
- You will be taught on the 5 reasons why we need to love God with our vehicles
- 2-Part Series on Gluttony (Mp3 / Manuscripts)
- An 11-minute video inspiring interview with Tommy McMahan, Founder of Game Changers Ministries in Rockwall Texas, who shares how he practically lost over 100 pounds and what he’s done to keep it off.
Module 3 – “What Kind of Tires Do I Need?”
- You will be coached in detail about how your body is a vehicle
- You will be educated on the four tires you need to keep aired up for road ahead
- Reading Your Gauges by Bill Hybels
- A 5-minute video interview with Lee and Renae Terry, the District Youth Directors of the Rocky Mountain District, who lost over 65 pounds by going through Fit Pastors Academy and how he’s created lifestyle changes and habits.
Module 4 – “What Kind of Fuel Do I Put in My Tank?
- You will be taught everything you need to know about the three main nutrients, their purpose, and what percentage of each you need in your quest for lifestyle fueling. This will be part one on how to keep your fuel tire aired up. This module is worth the price of admission into the academy.
- Ebook “The Top 5 Fueling Mistakes I Made in My Fitness Journey”
- Soup and Crockpot Recipe and Healthy Recipe Books
- Food Menu Template
- Nutrition Table
- Food Log
- Dietary Guidelines
- A 14-minute Google Hangout with two female pastors Korista Lewis of Connection Church in Aberdeen Washington and Rachel Ross of The Assembly in Jackson Michigan. They talk about their lessons learned in receiving coaching and goals they achieved from Fit Pastors.
Module 5 – “What is the Secret Sauce to Fueling?”
- You will learn the two keys in preparing for a successful fitness journey
- You will be coached all about your triggers and tactics to combat them
- Food fight mantras
Module 6 – “How Should I Drive My Vehicle?”
- You will learn all about the benefits of fitness and why it’s so important to get fit
- You will be coached on finding a niche and how to enjoy moving your body
- Stretching for Runners Diagram
- Weekly Activity Log
- 10 Benefits of Fitness
- An 11-minute interview with Joshua Lowrance, Student Pastor at the Ark Fellowship in Houston Texas, shares his journey of losing over 100 pounds while being in full-time ministry. He got convicted about his weight limiting his full Kingdom impact. Listen to his inspiring interview and his three practical tips he gives pastors to get healthier.
Module 7 – “How Can I Build My Engine?”
- You will learn all about the benefits of lifting and the reasons why it is so important
- You will be coached on how to lift and how to approach the gym
- You will learn three simple lifters to apply with modifications for each
- Samples of Quick Workouts
- Strength-Training Log
- Video demonstrations of the top 3 lifters
- A 9-minute interview with Russ Lambert, who is the Lead Pastor of Whitestone Assembly in Austin Texas. You’ll get to hear his story of losing tons of weight the right way, his views on fitness, how he developed a niche, and his current disciplines to maintain his fitness.
Module 8 – “How Long Should I Turn off My Engine?
- This is a passionate topic for us to talk with you about. Why? Pastors don’t send around asking each how much sleep they are getting. We’ve found many struggle because of stress, being overweight which causes snoring, and bad habits. We’re going to open that can up and make sure you have a plan to keep the fourth and final tire aired up…. rest.
- You will learn how the first component or resting which is sleep. We will fill you in on how important getting enough sleep is, the benefits, and how to practically get better sleep.
- Sleep Infographic
- How to Nap Effectively
- An app we highly recommend that can help gauge your sleeping patterns
Module 9 – “When Should I Take My Foot Off the Pedal?”
- We have found that most pastors aren’t being honest about their day off. Many really aren’t taking one and as a result or experiencing blow-outs on the side of the road. Our goal in this session is to help you put together a game plan to protect this sacred gift created for you and wrap up the second part to this tire called rest.
- You will hear a talk about the Sabbath. It’s importance, benefits, and practical ways to apply
- You will learn a bit about stress and depression with pastors
- How Stress Affects the Body
- Selah by Mark Batterson
- A 13-minute interview with Shawn Reine, Church Planter of Connection Church in Highlands Ranch Colorado, who shares openly his weight-loss journey, how his new lifestyle has given him more credibility and benefits, his training mindset, and how he intentionally rests.
Module 10 – “What Are The Secrets to Staying on the Road?”
- You will be guided through a set of questions to dig down into your fitness journey roots
- You will be coached on the four essentials of commitment and how it starts in the mind
- Write your fitness journey
- A 3-minute video interview with Randy and Kathy Van Pay, who have been in ministry for over 45 years, share what caused them to create a lifestyle, lose tons of weight, and the benefits that have come with it.
Module 11 – “Do I Need a Tune-Up?”
- You will be guided through a fitness consultation with assessments and measurements
- You will challenged with getting a tune-up, why it’s so important, and hear a recent story of a pastor that’s life was saved because of it.
- Medical Check-Up Infographic
- Data Results Form
- NASM Solutions Table
- OPT Template
- An 11-minute interview with Ken Hood, Owner of Body Mechanics Athletics and Wellness Director at James River Assembly in Springfield, Missouri, shares how skinny people aren’t necessarily healthy. He shares the “behind the scenes” approach to keeping the staff at James River healthy and how all pastors can help their leaders.
Module 12 – “How Can I Write the Driver’s Manual?”
- The goal of this coaching session will help you create a step-by-step action list to get you set up and accomplish S.M.A.R.T. fitness goals to help you reach your full fitness potential. Are you ready?
- How to set S.M.A.R.T. goals
- Goal-Setting Questionnaire
- Keys to Weight Loss
- 6 Steps to Overcoming Obesity by: Perry Noble
- Examples of Motivational Boards Creating by Pastors Such as Yourself
- 10 Ways to Set Your Goals Worksheet
Plus You’ll Get for FREE our RESOURCE TRUNK
As you make your way through the Academy we will also give you OUR RESOURCE TRUNK with everything we’ve given you throughout the academy packed up into a neatly organized resource library.
Here’s a sample of what’s included.
- Over 40 fitness book notes saving you the time from having to read the entire book
- Video library of all the interviews with pastors and coaches
- Recipe books and fitness logs
- Motivational images and quotes we’ve been adding to over the years
- Weight loss tips and mantras to fight against temptations
- Spreadsheets and forms to help improve your fitness
- Our loaded RESOURCE LIST of website, blog, podcast, app, book, and film recommendations
- Tons more. Seriously, we just want to load you up with tools to help you get healthy!
- Being able to get fit for the Kingdom to be able to fulfill your calling
- Not worrying about your next doctor’s visit
- Gaining the credibility to reach all kinds of people including soldiers, athletes, and those that value fitness
- Not having to research out articles or try to develop your own fitness plan from scratch
- Developing self-control and self-discipline like you’ve always wanted so you could actually preach on it with integrity
- Having far more energy to fulfill your weekly ministry responsibilities and not be sick as often
- Acquiring a new level of self-esteem and confidence as you take the pulpit to deliver your message
- Being around to see your grandchildren get married
- Being more attractive to your spouse
- Having a self-respect in the fact that you are now fit to lead in all areas of your ministry
- Sleeping better
- Learning how to lose weight without extremes avoiding a vicious cycle year-after-year