I know how tough it is for pastors to give up the pulpit. And I understand how difficult it is to find the right speaker…. especially for a sensitive topic.
Over the past 15 years, God has given me the opportunity to speak to thousands of people – from teenagers gathered for a weekend retreat, to a diverse congregation at a local church, to groups of leaders and volunteers assembled for a special purpose.
So thanks for considering me for your next event. To answer some of your questions, I’ve put together this page.
Here’s What You Can Expect
- A carefully tailored message. While I have several tried and true sermons and presentations, I will work hard to make sure the message is appropriate for your group and fits your style.
- Clear communication on the front end. I’ll work hard to listen to your needs and expectations. I’ll come prepared based on our discussions.
- Notes, slides and relevant materials. I’ll send all assets in advance so you or your team can have everything in time to stick to your normal routine.
A Little About Me
I grew up as a PK cutting my teeth on the pews of Assemblies of God churches. As a 19-year-old college freshman, I started working as an intern with teenagers at a local church within the bible belt. Over the next 7 years, I would have the privilege to serve as a student pastor in three different churches.
In 2005, my wife and I moved to Claremore, Oklahoma during a transition and would two years later start a brand new church. I led that venture for over three years before we decided to partner with some area churches for the greater benefit of those involved and our community.
In 2010, I founded Iron One Fitness Solutions to help unfit pastors and individuals within the church get fit. I have a personal story of losing over 75 pounds, becoming a two-time Ironman, and gaining multiple certifications in coaching. This past year I also became an endorsed U.S. Missionary within the Assemblies of God to initiate and create awareness for triathlon chaplaincy. I’m blessed to be able to use my experiences to speak and coach others around the country.
I live near Boulder, Colorado with my wife Amy and three kids: Camden, Cale, and Ainsley.
Topics for Church Services
- Your Body Matters. This is a specialized message zeroing in on physical health. We will lay a Biblical foundation, talk about the problem, and discuss practical solutions. Your church will hear inspiring stories of people that have overcome food addictions, gluttony, and sloth. This is a message to encourage and motivate not to condemn or judge. Click here to listen or click here to watch the message.
- You’ve Been Punk’d. We have an enemy and he’s deceived us into believing that God is not enough. This message will stir the emotion and cause you to fight the temptation battle for your heart. Click here to listen to that message.
- The Race. This is a message geared toward getting your men to man up! This message will use the metaphor of the Ironman endurance race as it relates to the spiritual race. If you are in need of something different for Father’s Day or another event to attract the un churched this is your choice.
* I am also available for leadership retreats, staff meetings, and workshops to encourage, educate, and equip those within your church to get fit.
Here is a video that illustrates my speaking style. This particular message was delivered at Gateway Fellowship near San Antonio, Texas.